Wednesday, February 13, 2013

FREE PATTERNS

I am a little upset - a reader emailed me and notified me that someone was selling my pattern on another website.  I do on occasion give permission for the item to be sold, but not the pattern.  What was really bothersome was the pattern in question is posted on my blog and is free!   Please contact me if you want to sell any items made from my patterns, but please, do not sell the pattern itself.    Not only did that individual infringe on the rights of my pattern, that individual used my photo, as it appeared from my blog!  A little professional courtesy and respect for one's work is always appreciated.

I will get off my soap box now.  Thank you.

8 comments:

Bailey said...

I am so sorry. I have enjoyed your free patterns so much. I hate seeing people violated.

Tami Crocheter said...

There is another website like thing called listia I have seen some patterns I don't know for sure if they are yours or others but people put them up for auction for points to bid on other things

Armina said...

It is sad to say the least, that people do not respect the work of others.

Noa said...

Amazing, some people is imposible...

Armina said...

I have calmed down since my last last post and that website has removed the listing.

Oma Beate said...

I just recently started to sell my patterns, but my very first pattern sold for $1.50 showed up when I googled for try outs for 6.95 by another seller. Very weird how that happened so fast. Now I watermark all my patterns, because even writing across a photo can be removed with photoshop. I highly recommend that for you also, because your work is exceptional and we work long hours to make easy to read, unique patterns to be so ripped off. Wish you well and if you need help about watermarking contact me.

Mom Bordering On Insane said...

:( about someone selling your free patterns. I've been seeing it happen more and more in my little Facebook crochet community (not them doing it, but complaining that they're finding their patterns being sold). Some people have no courtesy or care for others and their hard work.

On another note: I would like to be able to sell ITEMS made from your patterns. I'll put the link to your blog on my 'patterns I use' list on my business page.
If it is ok (or not ok) to do this please email me your response at patricia.owens685@gmail.com

Thanks!

hellohelo said...

I am sorry. I enjoyed all your patterns and looking forward to crochet it & will post it up here soon. Thank you