Saturday, April 7, 2012

Rest In Peace Hollywood

Hollywood, 1998 - 2012. I loved you dearly and you will be missed. You were a special cat, in many ways, brought such joy and warmth in my life. My heart is heavy with your loss, but I know you are no longer in pain. Rest in Peace Hollywood.

Lend Me A Kitten

I will lend to you for a while
a kitten, God said.
For you to love while he lives,
and mourn after he’s dead.

Maybe for twelve or fourteen years,
or maybe just two or three.
But will you, ‘till I call him back,
take care of him for me?

He’ll bring his charms to gladden you
and should his stay be brief,
you’ll always have his memories
as solace for your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay,
since all from earth return.
But there are lessons you can give
I want this kitten to learn.

I’ve looked the whole world over
in search of teachers true,
And from the folk that crowds life’s land
I have chosen you.

Now will you give him all your love,
nor think the labor vain?
Nor hate me when I come to take
my kitten home again?

And my heart replied,
“My Lord, Thy Will Be Done.”
For all the joys this kitten brings,
the risk of grief I’ll run.

We’ll shelter him with tenderness,
we’ll love him while we may.
And for the happiness that we’ve known,
forever grateful stay.

But should you call him back
much sooner than we planned,
We’ll brave the bitter grief that comes,
and try to understand.

If by our love we’ve managed
your wishes to achieve,
in memory of his sweet sweet love,
please help us while we grieve.

And when our cherished kitten
departs this world of strife,
Please send yet another needing soul
for us to love all his life.

Author Unknown

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your sad loss. Pets are such a joy to share our lives with. It is a crushing heartbreak to say good bye to them. Bless.

Armina said...

Thank you, It is not easy to lose a pet, they are like family. His was so sudden. My only consolation is he is no longer in paid and he is at peace, he gave me many years of conditional love.

Rubina said...

Hollywood was a fabulous cat! He was the sweetest and loving kitty I've ever met. I know how hard it is to lose a furry family member. It never gets easy. He loved you and all of us and we will keep Hollywood in our heart forever! God bless his little soul.

Hippywitch said...

Sorry to hear the sad news. I lost my cat last year and can relate to the pain and grief but the love we get from them is so wonderful and worth it.
That poem is lovely and made me cry.
Hugs, Lori x

☆ Magdalena ☆ said...

I am sorry for your grief

Armina said...

Thank you, Hollywood was a gentle giant, loving and affectionate. I will dearly miss him.

Bregit said...

Wat een verdriet voor je dat je afscheid heb moeten nemen van je kat Hollywood, heel veel sterkte!
Groetjes van Bregit

Elaine said...

I have only just found your blog but wanted to send a virtual hug your way as I know how much it hurts when a much loved pet goes over the Rainbow Bridge.

Your poem is quite lovely and brought tears to my eyes.

Take care xxx

Armina said...

Thank you, it is difficult to let go and adjust to the loss.

Anonymous said...

Oh My..... I came to look at some of your new patterns, you have always inspire me to start crocheting again when I have stopped for what ever reason. I dont know how I got to Hollywood's Memorial poem and I'm almost 1 year late to post but I still wanted to tell you i'm sorry for your loss.... My cat means the world to me. When everyone has turned there back on me family and so called friends my cat has been there showing unconditional love to me. Dear God, I dont know what I would do with out him..... Armina keep up your great crochet works!
Ann82

Armina said...

I still miss him a lot, and his absence is felt every day. That is the beautiful thing about animals, they have unconditional love.