Sunday, December 19, 2010

Almost Christmas

Can you believe it, it is 5 days until Christmas! I have tried so hard to get myself together, but this move really set me back. It seems like the last 2 months have been set backs rather than getting ahead. I not only got clobbered with the flu shortly after moving in, I fractured my thumb on my left hand, incredible crazy accident. I was sitting and felt this urge to bake some cookies, so off to the kitchen I went. Everything was going just fine, cookies were done, first batch in the oven. I was trying to get the beaters out of the hand mixer, slightly holding the beaters, and tried to press the eject button, and instead I started the mixer. So my thumb got caught in the beaters. Bruised and swollen, went to ER, and now I have a cast on my thumb, really crazy. 10 days for this cast, then a splint. So not only did all my crocheting stop, my Christmas gifts came to an abrupt halt! The cookies were good though. Well I feel like I whined enough, lol. I will get back to myself. Hoping 2011 is a little better.

3 comments:

Porcelana said...

I hope you recover from your accident!! Dont worry for the crocheting, it will be waiting for your return!
Your health is first!

needlekrafter said...

I'm so sorry to hear of all of the difficulties since the move, and hope that this time has allowed you some time to rest and recover. Hoping that the holidays are pleasant and the year ahead is wonderful for you. Thinking of you...

Armina said...

This too shall pass - I try to be positive and look on the bright side side.