Thursday, July 15, 2010

Caprese Pasta Salad


Ok so this isn't knitting, crochet or any kind of craft, but we have hit upper 90's here and it is too hot to cook! So I made this delicious pasta salad and wanted to share the recipe. This makes a big batch, but for me, I usually share most of the stuff I make with my daughter (a care package of sorts, lol). More than enough to generously serve 6. This recipe can be cut in half.

1 - lb pkg Farfalle
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 - 16oz pkg fresh Mozzarella cheese slices, cut in into 1/2" cubes
1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
Salt to taste
Fresh ground black pepper

1. Cook pasta following package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, mince the garlic, slice the tomatoes, cut the cheese into cubes and chop the basil.
3. Drain pasta and place in large bowl. Add olive oil and garlic while pasta is still warm; toss to combine.
4. Add remaining ingredients, toss well to blend. Cover and chill.

Delicious, quick and refreshing for those hot days! Let me know how you like it.

Enjoy!

No comments: