Sunday, June 20, 2010

Crochet A Day Calendar 2011

A reader asked me to list my patterns that were accepted in the calendar - they are as follows:

Tiny Unicorn
Baby Apple Jack
Lazy Dazy and Little Sunshine
Baby Poodle
Baby Doxie Dachshund

Along with the good news that my patterns were accepted, I was also informed the 2011 Calendar is the last of the Crochet A Day Calendar due to low volume of interest (perhaps low sales). I was saddened by this news - I though it was a wonderful idea for those of us who crochet - the calendar offered such a vast selection of patterns. Unless I hear otherwise, 2011 will be the last Crochet A Day Calendar... :-(

If I hear anything else, I will post it. Maybe if we write to Accord Publishing and voice our concern, they may continue this great calendar. I already voiced my concern.

You can pre-order the 2011 calendar at Amazon.com

5 comments:

Bailey said...

I wonder if part of it was a lack of marketing. I could find the knitting one at every bookstore and place that sold calendars. However, the crochet one was much more challenging to find and it was not one I was able to get extra copies of in the post holiday sales. I picked up several knitting calendars for people who wanted those after the Christmas holiday at half price once they stated they wanted one.

Armina said...

Lack of marketing, could be - I think you are right though, the Knitting Calendar was available more than the Crochet Calendar. A shame really, the Crochet Calendar was a great idea.

Winter said...

I CAN'T WAIT for this calendar to come out! Congrats on getting into it, that's SOOO exciting!!!! :) :)

Armina said...

Thank you so much, I havent seen it yet, but it is exciting.

MissKnitPickyHeather said...

Armina, Congratulations! I'm so happy for you to be published, credited in print for your original patterns. Great job!

Secondly, I've been noticing more and more that I'm no longer the target audience for mass media, even though I only recently graduated from my 30's. I think its related to the publisher's choice explaining why this is their last crochet day to day calendar. I think it's sad, because I've seen an improvement on it to take its place.