I had a few people send me notes indicating their frustration (or time consuming) in assembling the Amigurumi pieces. When I first started doing Ami's, I would crochet the pieces, set them aside and then assemble when all of the pieces were done. That became quite a task. Now, this is my technique - I find this technique works really well for me and the Amigurumi comes together as you crochet the pieces. A lot faster and easier. This is what I do:
1. Read the entire pattern first. This is very important.
2. Get your materials ready, supplies you will need for the project, ie, yarn, embellishments, etc.
3. Once you are ready, you start.
4. Crochet the head. Insert eyes, nose (if using safety nose). Stuff the head.
5. Embroider nose, mouth whiskers, etc, if pattern calls for those steps.
6. Crochet the ears - now attach the ears. The head is done - set aside.
7. Crochet the bow (Hello Kitty) - now attach the bow.
8. Crochet the body - now stuff the body. Attach head to body.
9. Crochet the arms - stuff (if pattern calls for stuffing the arms) and attach to body.
10. Crochet the legs - stuff (if pattern calls for stuffing the legs) and attach to body.
11. Add finishing touches, embellishments and you are done!
I find this technique works best for me. You can see how your Ami is progressing, rather than seeing all the pieces laying around, especially if you have a pattern that has 8, 9 or 10 pieces. Give this technique a try and see how well it works for you. And as always, if ever you have any questions, I am always available to help. Just send me an email and I will respond.