Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Knit Ruffled Keyhole Scarf


Ok, I am on a roll. I finished alot of my WIP's - and I feel great. Here is a knit scarf that I made - inspired by design from Berroco. It is a ruffled keyhole scarf, which is so very comfortable around the neck. It is an easy knit scarf and knts up fast. I hope you enjoy this scarf pattern.


Here is the pattern:


Materials:
Size 11 Straight Knitting Needles
Red Heart Soft, 1-1/2 skeins

Scarf Measurements:
6” wide x 46” long (including ruffles)
3” ruffles

Cast on 72 sts
Work in Garter St throughout until piece measures 3”.
To shape ruffle, K3 tog across = 24 sts.
Work even in Garter St until piece measures 7” (not including ruffle).

To shape keyhole opening:
K 9, Bind off 6 sts, K 9 to end.
K 9, Cast on 6 sts, K 9 to end.
K throughout (garter stitch) until scarf measures 44” from beginning of ruffle.

To shape ending ruffle:
Inc Row: * K in front, back, then front of next st (inc 3), rep from * across – 72 sts.
Knit 3” ruffle. Bind off.

Weave in yarn.
Happy Knitting!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi I love your scarf but what does knit 9 cast off 6 stitches, knit 9 to end mean? thanks then the next row says knit 9 cast on 6 st, knit 9 to end thanks again

Armina said...

Thank you -

In order to make the keyhole, you need to cast off 6 sts... so,
Knit 9 sts, cast off 6 sts, knit 9 sts to end of row...
Now you will need to cast on 6 sts so you can continue knitting, so...
knit 9 sts, cast on 6 sts, then knit 9 sts to end of row. Now continue knitting in garter stitch as directed.
I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more help.

Anonymous said...

sorry to be such a pain, but youknit 9 cast off 6 then knit 9 cast off 6, you keep doing that till the end of the row? thanks again

Armina said...

You knit 9 sts, cast OFF 6 sts, knit 9 sts to end, this creates the start for the opening of the keyhole.
Now you knit 9 sts, cast ON sts, then knit 9 sts to end of row...
This created the keyhole opening for the scarf.

Now continue knitting in garter stitch as directed.

Emmy said...

Hi! I followed your pattern and made this scarf. I put a link to your pattern on my blog so anyone else who saw it would know where to go. I just wanted to compliment you on your fantastic work!

Armina said...

Thank you, I am so glad you enjoyed the pattern. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I love the scarf. Easy (and inexpensive) to make.

Armina said...

You are welcome - it is an easy scarf to knit and makes a wonderful gift! Enjoy!

jilly said...

What a great pattern! This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you so much for the 'freebie'. I can't wait to get started.

Anonymous said...

hello I want to tell you that your pattern is absolutely adorable I am fairly new to the knitting world I have one question how do i tog thank you for your time

Teresa Mary Lee said...

Looks like a lovely easy pattern, I will do it for a Christmas Present. Thank you.