Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Farewell Midnite


Yesterday was one of the hardest days for me, in a long, long time. I had to say farewell to my beautiful Midnite. He shared my space with me for 16 years, he was the prince of his domain. He had his other two buddies, Hollywood and Baby, but he was definitely the prince. Midnite came to me as a wee little kitten, he was so tiny he fit in the palm of my hand. He lived well, had a good life, and gave me joy. But age got him and he deteriorated so rapidly, breaks my heart. But as a pet owner, we have to consider the quality of life, and his was gone. He had 16 wonderful years. Rest in peace my darling Midnite, you are in cat heaven now. I will always miss you.

14 comments:

even-star said...

I love your blog and I am so sorry to hear about your moggie. I lost my Murry this year and can relate. Sending you good thoughts at this time of sadness.

ViVy said...

sending you a hug and I understand your pain because I love animals too, will be always with you even if you do not see it

Deborah said...

I'm so sorry about your loss....they become such a part of our lives.

Armina said...

Thank you for your warm thoughts, his absence is so apparent. My other 2 cats are a little disoriented too. Will take time to adjust. They become a part of the family.

Winter said...

Aww so sorry. =[ It's so hard to lose such a loved kitty. I totally feel for you...

Armina said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

BluEyzNTn said...

I have been to your site numerous times, but this is my first time commenting. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful cat. Our pets become precious family members and losing them is so painful. My heart goes out to you.

Armina said...

Thank you, it is difficult. I expect him to come around the corner and give me that "what's up" look. Time will heal.

Yarni Gras! said...

What a lovely memorial for him. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Armina said...

Thank you. He was such a handsome cat.

Brittany F. said...

I can imagine how hard it is to lose something so precous. I lost my Gramma's two cats that I grew up with. Give Hollywood and Baby a hug for me!

Armina said...

Thank you for your kind words. I will.

Hinda said...

I understand your pain. I've had pet cats since the early '70s, including a yellow tabby named Garfield, waaay before Garfield the cartoon cat was around. I currently have my one and only Boris, who unfortunately is extremely jealous and must be the one and only. But he's cute as all get out, and very affectionate towards me and my husband, his pet humans. May your other two cats be a comfort to you, and you to them.

Armina said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts.