Friday, September 26, 2008

Crocheted Crochet Hook Holder

A few of you contacted me and asked where this pattern was. I was as confused as you were - I had no clue why the pattern disappeared! Per your requests, I am posting the pattern again, and hopefully it wont disappear this time!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Materials:
Worsted Weight Yarn
Size US-H Crochet Hook
Blunt Darning Needle

Abbreviations:
SC = Single Crochet
Ch = Chain
HDC = Half Double Crochet

The Crocheted Crochet Hook Holder is made with two crocheted strips, then rolled.

First Strip:
Ch 11
Rnd 1: Sc in second chain from hook, sc across, ch 2, turn.
Rnd 2-39: HDC in first sc, continue HDC across, ch 2, turn.
Rnd 40, HDC across, ch 1, turn.
Rnd 41: Sc across, fasten off.

Second Strip:
Ch 11
Rnd 1: Sc in second chain from hook, sc across. Ch 2, turn.
Rnd 2-34: HDC in first sc, continue HDC across, ch 2, turn.
Rnd 35, HDC across, ch 1, turn.
Rnd 36: Sc across, fasten off.



Assembly:

Crocheted Strips
















Lay the two strips on top of each other, matching one end only. The second strip on the other end will be shorter.









Start rolling the two strips, being careful not to roll it too tight.












Continue rolling, bringing last strip over to overlap and cover second strip.



















Sew seam; weave in remaining yarn.

The Crocheted Crochet Hook Holder will hold every size crochet hook and all your crocheting accessories.



















Your Crochet Hook Holder is complete. Happy Crocheting!

3 comments:

Renee' said...

cool idea.

Nicole said...

I love this! I just started getting into crocheting again after years of not doing it and learning it from my Grandma!
I love this holder, because i keep loosing my stuff!
Thank you!!
Nicole

AuntieD said...

That'll work for my non-handle hooks, but not the ones with handles. Still, good idea!